Saturday, November 19, 2011

Is it possible to force a program to use a sound card other than the default?

My computer has two sound cards, the factory which I use for all the computer related sounds. I also have another card installed which I use to play music and such on my computer to my stereo. I have windows media player (WMP) set to play all my music and such through my secondary sound card. I have a program that I want to always use the secondary sound card as well, just like WMP. However it doesn't have the option like WMP, so the only way I can get it to play through my secondary sound card is be setting it to primary, in which case all sound goes through it. I use Windows XP. Any help or ideas would be greatly appriciated.

Is it possible to force a program to use a sound card other than the default?
The answer to your question really depends on the software. The software needs to have the option to select the audio device otherwise it will use the default windows audio device.


No comments:

Post a Comment