Saturday, November 19, 2011

What kind of video and sound card should I get for my computer?

I took a picture of my mother board:





http://img475.imageshack.us/my.php?image...





I heard that I need to get the right video and sound cards that can fit into those slots. So what kind of video and sounds card should I get? My computer is Intel celeron 2.8 Ghz, 1536mb rams.





Also, just out of curiousity, I know that my video and sound cards should fit into those white slots (see picture). I wonder what's that black slot (see picture) be used for?





Thanks.

What kind of video and sound card should I get for my computer?
The black slot is an AGP slot, and is actually what you should plug the graphics card into. You would plug the sound card into one of the white slots, which are PCI slots.





So for a graphics card, you'll want one that connects via AGP 8X/4X, and you can get any sound card because they all plug into PCI.
Reply:The video card does not fit in the PCI slots (the white ones) it actually goes the the AGP slot (the black one).





You have an AGP slot so only AGP cards fit in it.

Nanny Source

No comments:

Post a Comment