Saturday, November 19, 2011

What is a good sound card to record music from a Guitar?

My brother plays guitar and writes his own songs. For christmas, I would like to get him a sound card that he can plug his guitar into (the same cord he would plug into an amp, or something similar from the amp) and record his music. I know plenty about computer hardware, but don't know a thing about high-end sound cards. Where is a good place to start and what kind of things am I looking for / should I be aware of?





Thanks!

What is a good sound card to record music from a Guitar?
Soundblaster extreme music for about $100. I believe you can get an adapter to plug a guitar into your mic input on the soundcard from places like the source (radio shack). It's just a mic converter (so stereo mics can fit into a regular sound card input jack) and i believe it can double as a sound input converter for other audio equipment. To make sure though, you should check your local computer store and make sure it will work with a guitar.


No comments:

Post a Comment